Forum Title: Replacing door handle hardware
We are about to replace door handle hardware in our home. We are looking at the lever style hardware. WE need to choose either a left or right handle online and need to ask a dumb question. Do we figure what handle is needed from opening on the inside or the outside of the room? HELP!!!
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: WILLARD QUINN (Visalia, CA), 01/17/2019

If the air leaks are coming in from the frame, nothing you place on the face of the window will help air infiltration at those points. Your best bet would be to carefully remove all the trim, sides, sill, apron....and introduce minimally expanding foam in the cracks. Once you pull a piece of molding, you will see just how much air is coming in. Save your money on the plastic and attack the real problem. Let us know if we can help further.

- LORETTA BECK (Hesperia, CA), 03/04/2019

Standing in the door way with the door going away from you, if it opens to the right, it is right handed. You know the rest.

- GEORGIA WOLFE (Folsom, CA), 02/23/2019

My old explanation to customers was... Stand up against the door frame with your back to the hinges. If the door opens to the left, its a left hand door, opposite for the right hand door. Works for inswing doors, but manufacturers were different when it came to exterior outswing door. (Why can't they all just get along? Lol)

- JOHN JOHNSON (Austin, TX), 02/23/2019

Remodeling Resources & Home Repair Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527